Sunday, January 1, 2012

MAY YOU HAVE A PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR MR ZUMA

Can you imagine what will happen to Mr Jacob Zuma despite his capacity as head of both the ANC and the State of this Republic the day Mandela dies and he needs to address the mourners?

I can! (BECAUSE I HAVE THESE SUPERNATURAL POWERS OF KNOWING THE FUTURE, BELIEVE ME IF YOU DARE!)

However, my children  are something totally else!




Now, I do not know what is wrong with my politically myopic tots.  But these children of mine in their entirety have that incurable Zuma fascination over which, try as I do to remove them from the tubular link to their addiction, they will invariably return to the zumaphoid TV screens with the elasticity of a rubber band.


This is a far cry from myself, who has developed an antipathy for the man.  You see, they know Zuma from TV. But the father has at least once in Mozambique's Maputo shook Zuma's hand during the the anti-apartheid struggle.  The father is also studying books every day to understand this man's brain or its malady.


But the children are not there. They like his dance.  They like his command of his own native Nguni language which my children also speak.

Personally, my children: I will like Zuma  better the day he announces he is prepared soonest to let anybody else lead our cultural home, the 100-old-ANC.

Pictured above is my one-year-old South-African-born Zuma-enamoured daughter, Tamara Sibusisiwe Phiri (with mother).  The previous daughter post was by Tamra's eldest sibling, Tanzanian-born Mercedes-Thoko Phiri. They are both of them Zuma fans and my paternal warnings just fall on deaf ears!

Halt!  There is something worse!

The Year 2012 may even see me divorcing my second wife for similar pro-Zuma sentiments that I, a political intolerant, just cannot swallow.

It's hard to be a father and a husband, isn't it?

Maybe it is easier to just sing and dance from your love not of my daughters' man (Zuma), but of the great African National Congress he leads.

Are the two separable? Please find out from my two songs:










1 comment: