Tuesday, January 3, 2012

DEEP QUESTIONS ABOUT LIFE, MY LIFE &MISS TULISILE MOSIAMO’S LIFE


End of the world in 2012?  We never designed this universe, or did we?  Can we for example also destroy it by sheer power of our thinking and our tinkling?


Well, the conventional viewpoint is that rather than designing, we were the ones designed by the universe or by its Designer.  But, let alone the practical problems we face solving our “little” individual challenges, that viewpoint about a Grand Designer spawns us an even grander theoretical problem.


You see, when you fall into somebody (or even Somebody called God) else’s designs you are already a victim because you are not in the driver’s seat, right?


So the questions about life are reduced to one answer: THERE IS NO QUESTION THAT WE ARE IN TROUBLE FOR OUR EXISTENCE.  The only question is one of amelioration, a kind of slow mercy killing of self, delaying tactics and postponements by years to the day of an unintended kind of death.

Therefore, God the Merciful is by a strange kind of reasoning also the One who causes the braver amongst us to jump down cliffs when we face insurmountable problems.


I was not recommending anything there.  I was just taking the existence of God to its own logical conclusions.

Now, spare me the long hours in front of a computer screen trying to explain to you where I stand towards that viewpoint.  Suffice it you please stay with my blog in 2012 as I assay the conundrum called my “little” life in a greater cosmos.


Who knows whether the book of my life’s solution can drop you a leaf and a hint for your own troubles or even a snowball that could change our common world and common universe? An avalanche blowing all our troubles to smithereens!


Thank you for your support last year (2011), reading my blogs.  Your reading has made me feel brainier than I really am.  You have grown me and are promising to grow me even more in 2012.  And I cannot say thank you enough while wishing you a prosperous and thoughtful New Year 2012!



MISS TULISILE HIJACKS THIS BLOG POST


Thulisile Mosiamo is just one of the hundreds of school-children I had been visiting at various high schools in South Africa’s Mpumalanga Province and Gauteng for motivation purposes in the past 10 years.


Just as you must abandon any consideration of the "h" in her name if you are non-Nguni-speaking, I too have long abandoned my practice of driving around to help school children.

This is because it used to be at my own sole expense and I have now since fallen into unimaginable debt as of this writing, the region of a R1 million, which is by the way one reason why on one of my previous posts I was soliciting funds from one South African apparent millionairess who interestingly came in my dreams last night and I must say Thank You Princess for that!


My dream millionairess offered me some lucrative acting job, the kind of stuff Mbongeni Ngema of Sarafina fame has beeing doing over the years.


Strange, in real life, away from dreams in a shack, I have never thought of myslelf as a professional singer or actor.  Nonetheless, my dream princess threw me into the cast and pronounced with the widest smile ever seen that "It will not solve all your problems Phiri, but it will definitely solve your current one".


There were many people around that dream on a scene mostly under an acorn tree I'd grown accustomed to when I was six, growing up on one Mr Jim Jacob's farm, The Lion's Glen, in Amsterdam of South Africa's Mpumalanga Province.


I had barely finished talking to my rich dream princess when a Tanzanian gentleman I had gone to journalism school with some 20 years ago, currently an advocate of note: one Advocate Nyaronyo Mwita Kicheere (real-life background for you), came in the dream to greet me with a hundred-dollar bill after a hundred dollar bill.


So I was in the company of very rich people in my dream, although in real life these people may or may not be that rich, I will probably never know.  All I know is: this has been one of my strangest dreams ever.  The timing is skull-splitting.  Maybe because I think of money day and night, huh? 


The dream was also the first motivation for writing this post.

Anyway, and back from dreamland to coal face where our teenager children like Mosiamo face far more stress than we as adults care to think about, my package for the likes of her included a daily text message to each student with biorhythmic stress levels to enable the child matriculant student to understand herself or himself.


As I was about to publish this post about my dream with the super-rich of Africa, I saw on Facebook Mosiamo’s message

Hi Matanje jst wndrng y did u stop snding me gmp mngemnt msg.n again tnx 4 acptng me dnt be ofended coz i didnt reply i dnt undrstnd.hows the bby.



MY MESSAGE TO TULISILE AND TO MY ENTIRE READERSHIP


Happy new year, Tuli!  Thank you for asking this question because I had admittedly slowed down on SMS messages because of my desire to develop this idea on-line.  Now you can read about your stress levels on-line in a blog or two I have formed. 


One of the blogs, written in English, shows the people who supposedly have all the good moods for that particular day.  The blog is the least visited, probably because people who feel good about themselves don’t worry reading pseudosciences like biorhythms.


The second blog on the same theme, written in Kiswahili, shows the day’s underdogs, those who supposedly feel highly stressed.  Interestingly and despite the fact that English is far more read than Kiswahili, that blog’s performance is a lot better.  I think, again, it’s because people who are stressed will be the ones to scour the internet for answers as to why they feel down.


I will give you the links shortly but please visit them and give me your feedback insofar as how to improve them.


Where Baby Tamara Phiri is concerned, while her father officially turned 51, she turned 2 since 01 January 2012 (although she biologically completes 2 years only on the 10 October 2012. Once I have a gigabyte to spare I will show you online her first steps a month or so ago.

Enjoy!



The  Image on
Miss Tulisile Mosiamo's
Facebook Page
(Mosiamo has thankfully written half of this post for me)



2 comments:

  1. Schoolmate, acquintance and
    Woman of Letters Lindiwe Mafike-Tshongweni wrote from her Facebook page to me:



    "Phiri, I've read your thought-provoking blog on life. It wud b more appropriate 2 comment on the actual blog. I can't navigate frm where it prompts me. Mother Nature has a way of cleansing. We can sit, discuss & spend millions trying 2 control sumthing that we have no control over. Something brought the cosmos into existence, regardless of the ideology 1 subscribes 2. Do tell me hw 2 comment."



    AND MY RESPONSE: I am not an expert myself in these things. Maybe that would be the reason why it beats me, Lindiw, to understand your difficulty in navigating to either this site itself or its comment line. Methinks all you need to do is to look a a white spot as the one containing the stuff you are now currently reading and start your own comment. Maybe you failure to navigate goes to my original point that if we ever see our selves SUCCESSFULLY navigating ANYTHING, it is because the Greater Navigator has allowed us to. Nonetheless thank you for your response. Your comment has reminded me about a truth I had almost forgotten: Your sweetness is thorough and all-encompassing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Goodman,
    My take. Like I said, someone, or something, brought the cosmos into existence. From time immemorial, it has been recorded that Mother Earth has an intrinsic way of cleansing herself. Look at the various plagues that scientists have to contend with - because life is not meant to go on forever (the old has to make way for the new). Look what happened to the dinosaurs - cleaned out, extinct.

    Global Warming - Mother Earth will deal with this too...in her own way. There was talk recently that the world was coming to an end, some people were even ensconsed in hotel rooms awaiting the end of the world...it never happened because "Heav'n from all creatures hides the book of fate," some things we may claim to know, or to have deciphered, but the truth is the secrets lie with the creator of heaven and earth. Nobody can 'think' the world to an end, regardless of what they claim to know, unless they throw a destructive atomic bomb somewhere...that too will leave destruction, but elsewhere there will still be life.

    The rich will continue to get richer, the poor will get poorer, some in power will cling to that power because they don't know what to do with themselves without the trappings that come with being powerful.

    the rich are no longer philanthropists because they believe that helping those less fortunate will deplete their savings...eish Phiri, I don't know...but that's my two cents worth...

    ReplyDelete