Wednesday, November 27, 2013

WOMEN AND GOD VYING FOR A PIECE OF PHIRI

I do not know what God does for me, but women…ah!

I can no doubt (for starters to know) see two beautiful daughters of mine (Thoko and Tamara) who come from women!


I can see a son of mine (Maziri) who comes from a woman's womb!


Three beautiful babies of mine come from women!


The gentle sex, i.e. women have for Phiri another good reputation. They relieve my stress more than alcohol ever would!  The fairer sex would certainly relieve my anxieties far more faster than a prayer to God would!


And that, my dear friends and readership, is my worldview!




GOD REFUSES TO STOMACH PHIRI’S DEIFICATION OF WOMEN
I have never even for once never doubted the power of women in my life. However, the competition has hotted up between the two parties (God and Women) who are both vying for a piece of me.

This competition has nowhere else been better-characterised than in the last weekend (2013 November 22 Friday till Sunday 24th November).



THE AMBIVALENT RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN GOD AND PHIRI
Just to first get things straight between me and my readership, I have this strange belief that God is one silly Spirit.

Isn't this the self-same God who allowed a thief called Jacob to rule the House of Israel when in fact Esau was, as the elder brother, supposed to lord it?!


God allowed Murderer Moses to  take from Continent Africa into the Palestine, the only truly religious nation on earth: the Jews (Maybe God was fighting fire by fire because I Phiri/Pharaoh/Fire was apparently even from the stone age a most vicious King who, during the exodus of the Jews, was still ruling the entire earth with the hand that took human lives for expendables: but somebody else tell me just how else could I rule stone-age man who were for all intent and purposes all-savages?).


Hey, God! Hold on!  I am not King Phiri/Pharaoh of biblical times!  I am only Goodman Manyanya Phiri and a citizen of the Republic of South Africa!  Why follow me, Man?


I mean, I fail to understand why a rake like me  has been given the divine powers  you have given me!  Why am I so blest? I hate freebies, you know that, God?


Thou has given me these divine powers to pray for those who desire success with their careers.  I have been doing this for more than a decade already as a pastime,  and then one day in my army life I decided to open a cc from my passion and my pastime (who doesn’t want  to augment his lieutenant-colonel’s salary with a modicum of increase?)

And so as you God probably know, the Republic of South Africa’s law allows not a state employee like Phiri to do private business.


However, I think there are shortcuts to this law (You, God, are the author of all these unsavory and possibly criminal shortcuts to the standing law and even Thine Law "Thou Shall Not Steal": ask Esau who is still weeping and seething in Heaven for not being the Father of Israel as the elder brother should have been over Jacob the sissy who could not hunt down a rat but stayed always at home with the mother cooking gruel).

My own Jacobite shortcut to financial power always lay for me waiting with God’s blessings in the South African army. All we have to do as soldiers to run a business and make more money over and above receiving fat cheques (even thirteenth ones) from the South African state is to write a letter to your general and pray for permission TO RUN A BUSINESS!

And, God, if you visit my general’s heart in such a way that she or he agrees (the general must put it in writing though) you do go out and trade!

Thereafter, Africa is yours (financially speaking)!

The world is yours!  And anybody can fly out of China, Russia, the USA, or even from as far afield as cold Alaska to South Africa to come and transact on your business as a South African!


God, but that is but what I exactly did some ten years ago.    If I had one, below stands a letter from my general  to that effect.


That, then, My God, is how Lieutenant Colonel Phiri came to be known by practically all schools that matter in the Mpumalanga Province (the high schools in question can be easily named if Thou insists, My God).


The unintended consequence to my dabbling into business (God you know this better than I) is I developed this  Casanova habit of mine..  my stint at some three schools over this weekend (2013 November 22 Friday till Sunday 24th Novemberis particularly poignant.


What happened over the last one weekend is I had three beautiful women attractive fighting for my sexual attention: all women were school teachers and if they can fall so easily if erotically fall head over heels with a middle-aged man like me, what do they teach their pupils about casual sex, huh, God?


I particularly loved this one  light skinned teacher, a bundle of jokes which she was: she has no qualm cracking a joke in a staffroom full of male teachers and  her joke would call a spade a spade, calling a penis a penis.  Well, I kind of like people  who call a spade a spade and  never beat about the bush!


Then there was also this Swazi-speaking teacher, buxom, short, with highly pronounced hips.  She 'does it' for me, God, so much that my scrawny and 'un-buttocked' niece was to too frequently see her and exclaim: “Gosh, Uncle Goodman: you like these FAT women, huh?”


‘Fat’ is for women a pejorative term, hence I would prefer ‘buxom’ for most of the time over fat ladies particularly if they are my women.  And that is how I prepared or pivoted my counter-attack for my sexual preferences.


“Listen, Girl and My Niece! The Xhosa-speaking school teacher of jokes is no fat-ass, is she?!” I protested to my over-observant niece. 

“Also, Watch your tongue, please if you still value your place in Uncle’s  good books for I have in my life experience found fat people equally far more large-hearted than you bags of bones!” I in a stentorian voice reemphasized to my niece who stood surprised over what for sure sounded like one more evidence of my thin skin.


Over the past weekend the ladies came in droves.  But there is this instrument of mine that them to me drove!  I am good, you know!

There was for Phiri also this third lady who was planning to consummate my insatiable sexual plate over the same weekend.  And this is  the very woman who made me make contact with whom or them I otherwise have no truck with: GOD!

Who knows God?


What is God?

Does He/She exist?


The lady o so sexually-smitten over Phiri goes to declare to (of all people) a man of God about her burning sexual desire for me.  This is Reverend NathI Ngcobo!


And so my friend, Reverend Nathi Ngcobo, an Army Chaplain in Pretoria (reputed for being a Phiri lookalike) rocks up with  this  awkward message for me from sexually-crazed her! You know of course how these male servants of God go around pretending they never get erections!

“Manyanya,” begins  Reverend Ngcobo gingerly, if counting everything he does including words he says.


“She loves, this woman does you, Phiri.

“I have no clue," he continues. "Where lies the real target of her amorous life, but  I beseech you Phiri to choose, and choose carefully if she is the real one for you.”

The priest then offered me a thousand finger-nail-sized women–on-the-hunt-for-men photos on a reel  and I was to have a nightmare of a time later  trying to return the roll to its original circular neatness and position after what play I did  on the projector to possibly see one of my future brides rather than the school teacher who had left my chaplain in sheer dubiety insofar as her true sexual feelings towards Phiri (remember that sex is meant to drive relationships towards serious-minded baby-making relationships but it is no source for vaginal or penile entertainment!)


That aside, it seems to me  like Reverend Ngcobo was  (over and above playing my secret matchmaker) equally secretly hooking me up with  other  preachers so as to make my divine gift of praying for people’s carriers prosper, if to be used by the Church.

So even as early as Friday the 25th there was a number of prayer sessions where my divine gift for praying were amply used by a pair of  taciturn and non-censorious preachers…they did not mind my alcoholism nor did they care a hoot about the fact that I had only a day or so before stolen an expensive watch belonging to one of my women’s lovers!  The wristwatch has just look too similar to my Sterling timepiece to ignore it!

As the prelates marveled on, I would pray for a person while they watched and it is well-known  that those I ever pray for will thereafter never doubt the veracity in the Book of Mark, Chapter 11, Verse 24 which reads: “[Believe that you have received].”  But perhaps to be fair to the psychology and entirety of the teachings of that nasty nigger called Jesus Christ who went about overturning people's tables in church and believe in the power of mind of matter, let me quote an entire swathe of Marks's Chapter 11.





Phiri's  work for God over the past weekend though was  thrown a spanner into the  works by one of my lover teachers who rocks up as early as Friday to be prayed for at that church (I am of course reserving the  denomination for fear of its excommunication for using a drunk and an adulterer like me to work for God).

Now, the school teacher-cum-lover of mine wants to be prayed for in order to become South Africa’s greatest teacher!  However,  I am sure she was unpleasantly surprised to discover that in the  sanctuary and holy  corners where these prayers are conducted by me in the unobtrusive presence of those  two priests, the man to lay hands on her was nobody else but the very man whose hands had  circumvented and encircled her bum in the  altogether only a day or two before! Mind you, the conference geared towards motivating school teachers had kicked off from as early as Thursday 21st November 2013!


I am therefore not the least surprised that  even though she received the prayer on Friday and the laying of hands occurred accordingly, her faith in receiving her wishes from God never stood.

As a result, would you guess what?

She of course pitched up for yet another session in laying of hands  by me on Saturday!


You will forgive me, Reader, but after working for God for two consecutive evenings… and God is definitely not my favourite Shining Star… I succumbed to the desire to drown myself in  six pints of my favourite Hansa laager (Hansa is for me far less potent with hangover than ‘Black Label’ beer, far more intellectually agreeable on the palate than ciders (for ‘what are magnesium and alcohol combined in my system going to do to my chemical engine called the body?’).  I love Hansa also for the fact that it is currently far cheaper than Hofbrau, Heineken and all these versions of any man’s alcoholic suicide act: Beers).


I must have quaffed too many of my otherwise ‘benign’ Hansas that particular Saturday for even as Sunday evening greeted my schedule, my breath still ponged of alcohol, or so a friend must have told me.  But Sunday evening remained one more prayer session where my holy, albeit drunken, hand would be required by God and his servants…God my God can’t you see I am still drunk?  Why do you after all want to use a drunkard for your mission on earth? You're crazy, God, huh?


God seems for me to be still alive only a bit too deaf for my liking for he did not only refuse to reply me, but He eschewed the act of striking me dead during the act of playing one of the saints in His service while there is no greater sinner in the world than I!

Indeed, young South Africans who wanted to achieve their ambitions through career success and hard work are calling for Phiri to pray for them!


Yes, prayers were for bright careers, but as indicated already, careening before the career prayers were the molecules of the alcohol I had ingested the previous day!  The atomic materials (full of smell of course)  were swerving in and around the atmosphere and at one point I prayed to an un-liked God the wind would blow from the direction of the two supervising preachers as I was in turn supplicating for my dame-cum-convert-dream-towards-South-Africa's-best-school-teacher.

God must have obliged because the two priests minded not my smelly drunkenness but they seemed to assay with my prayers that the convert's  wishes were destined to come true as her faith was working for her.


It is the poor woman we were as a church in the first place trying to help that finally sold out my frailties as the biblical imbiber of wine!  B***h, I still say even as I write this: WHAT ON EARTH DO YOU WANT OUT OF YOUR OTHERWISE BORING SCHOOL-TEACHING LIFE?  I am here to pray for your better success, remember?

The teacher was going to have none of my whatever-crooked-mind.

She immediately broke free from my praying embrace over her.  

She ran to the two preachers and declared me an impostor for being a drunk and man of God at the same time and of course she hid the fact that we had together done other things more sensitive than drunkenness.

I approached the two men of God to explain.

They backed off from me, like two soldiers on a drill, only in reverse.


Since I never give up on any project even if it kills me, I kept on approaching them one of which was berry-brown and the other a bit darker if in the sense of  the swarthier juniper berries.


The servants of God kept on backing off from my approaching self and essentially refusing to accept my plea for a chance to express my reason for privately remaining a sinful man, God's work notwithstanding.


However, there was something pretty big awaiting the two restive servants of God.  They were destined for sudden death for spiting a Phiri!  And here is how the divine fatalities were supposed to be realized.


Anybody who knows Mpumalanga Province of South Africa (I am currently visiting the Province from Gauteng Province’s Mamelodi Township) shall never forget about the dongas, gulleys and cliffs that spice the otherwise totally beautiful province AND THE TWO PREACHERS WERE REVERSING INTO ONE OF THOSE CHASMS!

Talking of which Mpumalanga damages to the earth's surface natural or man-made, over and above the dongas, there are also humongous potholes not only to be found in this self-same province…a perpetual tourist attraction for this part of the land…but there is always the breath-taking God's Window to be found in this self-same Province of The Rising Sun.  And since the twosome were children of God, they surely were heading for that scary God-window prior to plummeting down to their own destruction, the amateur preachers!


“You idiots!” I shouted at them just before they disappeared down the God’s Window cliff.  “You are heading for sure death the way you are stepping backwards, Buddies and not even God will save you for your foolishness!  Hear me out, will you? OR ELSE DIE!”


“You bet?” one of them religious Smart Alecs responded, backward gait unmitigated.


“But why don’t you, Brothers, want to listen to me as to why I drank too much alcohol yesterday?” I asked genuinely concerned. 
“Why are you not prepared to listen as why I still remain emotionally attached to this woman new convert to career success in South Africa?  Would you rather die through some godly suicide rather than listen to your fellow human being?” I asked as the first guy’s boot trampled out and onto the chasm of God’s Window (hitherto fenced with some steel rail in order to prevent overexcited tourists and over-depressed neurotics from plunging to their own deaths).


“O so you are worried about our fate on this cliff, Manyanya?” asked the more impudent of the two men of God and men I still despised for their cold shoulder towards me.  “Let’s show you a godly thing or two, Mr Phiri!”


I was amazed as a sheet of invisible glass was extended to the reversing pair, and they continued to walk backwards over the cliff!  They showed me that God is still alive for those who believe in Him or Her.


I told them: “Please spare me all these shows and godly pomp!  I have read enough of them in the Bible not to believe in them.”
As I uttered those words, the two men came back from their glassy safety net over God’s Window.  There was a huge explosion and sparks that flew all around me in that benighted moment.  I only remember the booming sound and the red sparks that flew all around me.



Obviously God and his two men were trying to impress me with their powers or more preferably, their magic.


I still doubt if God exists, but if he does, I remain His friend or Hers, if she be female.





No comments:

Post a Comment